Jun 7, 2012

Caviar Manicure

Painting nails may seem like a silly, frivolous activity to most people, but for me, it is a soothing activity that allows me to wind down at the end of a crazy day. Something about the monotony of the entire process seems very therapeutic to me. Within the last few years, painted nails have become such a crazy trend! Every week it seems there is a new technique or style to try.


The other day when I was browsing through Sephora I saw something called the Ciaté Caviar Manicure kit. It was a nail painting kit that allowed you to create a 3-D effect on your nails that looked like you had sprinkled caviar on your fingertips. The process is quite simple; they advise that you work on one nail at a time, first painting with 2 coats of their base coat, then sprinkling the tiny “Caviar pearls” on top, and gently pressing them into the base coat. Repeat this process for all your nails and allow 15-20 minutes to dry. Seems pretty simple, right? 


[Mother of Pearl]

[Black Pearls]

[Rainbow]
I’m not quite sure how I feel about this 3-D effect but I have to admit it does look pretty cool in the pictures.

How do you feel about this new trend? Would you ever try the Caviar nail kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!