Jul 17, 2012

Livin' La Vida Loafer

As a girl who stands at just under five feet four inches tall, you would think that my closet would be littered with hundreds of pairs of stilettos, wedges, and pumps. However, I am a huge believer that comfort shouldn't be sacrificed. I'm not saying that all shoes with a heel are uncomfortable, yet I always find myself gravitating towards flats. When purchasing a flat shoe, just because you are forgoing the heel, does not mean you need to surrender the style.


Loafers are one version of the flat that I have been growing quite fond of. Loafers are mens-wear inspired; typically the tongue of the loafer covers a larger percentage of the top of the foot as opposed to a ballet flat which often only covers the toes. Designers certainly showcase their creativity when producing these shoes; often coming in all different colors, patterns and materials. 


Cheetah has made a huge comeback in the last few years, so what better way to show one of the hottest patterns on a loafer? I would definitely be comfortable wearing these on a business trip, or even out for a drink on the weekends.


The floral pattern on this shoe is so fun and feminine. Perfect with both a white skinny jean or some jean shorts. 

I absolutely LOVE how preppy this loafer is. The chain across the toes and the tassels add such a classy touch to this shoe.



Last but not least, I saw these gems at my local DSW the other week on the clearance shelf. I can't stop thinking about them and have gone back to try them on TWICE (I know -- I'm nuts). I love the colors, the pattern, and the studs add such a badass touch. My biggest concern is that I won't wear them enough to make them worth the price, but they are so adorable! Knowing me, I'll probably be back again tonight to walk around in them.

Do you ever experience shoe-purchasing anxiety? Were you ever not completely sold on a shoe, but bought it anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!