Oct 30, 2012

Finger Food

Halloween is hands down my favorite holiday! I love all the spooky decorations, being able to pretend to be something I'm not, and obviously the candy. Now, being an east-coaster, I was unable to celebrate my favorite holiday last year because of that stupid snow storm that took electricity away from me for a week. So rude. I vividly remember sitting at the kitchen table, carving a pumpkin, and having an identity crisis because I was not out bar hopping in my costume with my mangs. So I vowed to make this year an epic halloween! 

My friend threw a party at her place where we all gathered to take pictures, enjoy some halloween treats, and indulged in adult beverages, before heading out to the bars. We all made some finger food (pun intended) to munch on. I found this idea on Pinterest (because that's where all great ideas are born) and they were a big hit!

Using a simple sugar cookie recipe I rolled out the dough into finger shapes, scored the rolls in three places, and placed a slivered almond where a fingernail belongs.



Bake them until they start turning a little golden brown around the edges, and voila! Witchy fingers! I used a paintbrush and dusted cocoa powder onto them to give them more of a creepy feel.



Not to be cocky, but I think they came out so great! They really do look like nasty fingers. And they taste great too! 

What are your favorite Halloween recipes? 

Unfortunately, due to this huge biatch Sandy, I think Halloween will be canceled once again! But definitely remember this recipe for next year! If you are in Sandy's path, stay safe out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!