Feb 26, 2013

DIY: Pore Strips

I am a huge fan of the Biore pore strips - ya know those little white strips that you let dry on your face, slowly peel off, and clean out your dirty little pores? Well, I'm NOT a huge fan of the price! Especially since I would love to be able to use them on the reg without going broke! 

Well, after perusing the internets, I found out that I could make these little miracles happen in my own kitchen! For a fraction of the cost! All you need is some unflavored gelatin and some milk! 

Take a spoon full of gelatin and throw it in a microwave-safe glass. 



Then, add a spoonful of milk. I used 1%, but I don't really think that it matters!


Mix those two ingredients together. The end result should be a chunky paste.


Microwave the mixture for 10 seconds. After, the mixture should be gooey.


Grab an old makeup brush, and apply the mixture to wherever your pores need a little TLC.


Let dry for about 10 minutes, then peel it off SLOWLY! Just like you would with a store-brand pore strip! 


This concoction works just as well as the Biore pore strips (yay)! My skin and wallet will now be at peace.

Do you love the pore strips as well? What homemade beauty remedies do you use regularly? Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! We love hearing your thoughts!!